A blog about the life of a 40something, wife, mom,& grandma(moga), still growing and learning with all of life's blessings and struggles.
Thursday, February 27, 2014
Intentional Sacrifice
As we come to the end of the "Made to Crave" study, I'm a little saddened that it's almost over. It went by so quickly. Did I make the best choices the whole 6 weeks? Not always, but sometimes yes. We do have the "Made to Crave Action Plan" ahead of us, but I know that will go past very quickly as well. I could sit and feel badly that I didn't try harder and see more weight loss results during these 6 weeks, but I refuse to do that and live with regrets. The enemy would love to get us in the place of discouragement and feeling like failures so we will just give it all up and figure this was just another Bible study that has ended. I have to remind myself again and again that the focus is on being draw closer to Jesus and in that process I hope to make wise choices about food that I put in my body, so that I can bring glory to God with my life, for my entire life! I loved the statement from chapter 17 of Made to Crave, where Lysa says, "One wise choice can lead to two, can lead to three, can lead to a thousand, can lead to the sweet place of utter dependence on God and lasting discipline." When I focus on the positive and the changes I have made for the better, I can only praise God and say that He is working this out in me. I see Him working and moving and answering prayer. I want to give back to Him out of love and please Him with my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment