
I bought the book
Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst about a year ago. At the time I had just found P31 and Lysa and had followed them both on FB. I was so moved by every one of Lysa's posts that I decided I had to find her book. I related so much to her way of thinking. I first found her short devotionals on my online Bible reading program. Read through that and decided I needed to find her book. Let me back up and say that I have been in Weight Watchers for approx 6 or 7 years. Active, not so active for about 5years and now an active member again. Some success but still a long way to goal. I had the normal ups and downs with wanting to do it and not wanting to do it. When I found Lysa's book I felt like God had sent it just for me! It was exactly what I had been missing in this life long journey of eating to be healthier. It was about refocusing on drawing close to Jesus and desiring HIM above everything!! I read about 4 or 5 chapters and somewhere in the busyness of life, it got covered by other books and I never finished, but in that little bit I've read, I've definitely had a mind/heart change toward weight loss beginning last January 2013. It's become a life change that I am doing only for Jesus, not to please anyone else. I am trying to keep my focus on him and doing what I've felt he's asking me to do and I've given the results to Him. If I'm on a plateau, I don't panic as I use to. I just keep getting back up when I have a slip up. God has done this work in me. It's not by my own strength or will power in the least! I failed too many times in my own strength. I'm still not a fast looser and probably never will be, but I make better choices, track (when I'm doing well) and my thinking about food is different for the first time in 50 years. I still love it all, but God is changing me slowly -- in His timing. Food is still a gift I believe, but I know I enjoy it more when I'm paying attention and eating with thought. So why did I join this group? Because I need another shot in the arm to keep my focus on God and not on myself and I really really wanted to finish Lysa's book! I also had never tried an OBS and really wanted to see what this is all about and make new friends from all over the country and I guess the world. Love that my leader is living in Scotland. :) Looking forward to then next 6 weeks together.
http://proverbs31.org/online-bible-studies/category/obs-blog-hop/" target="_blank">

http://proverbs31.org/images/OBSBlogHop.png
" border="0" alt="P31 OBS Blog Hop" />
So thankful that you are allowing God to change you and can see where your focus needs to be. Together we WILL finish...and we're going to finish strong...strong in The LORD! <3
ReplyDeleteSarah T - OBS Small Group Leader
So glad you decided to give online Bible studies a try! :) What an honor to have you here studying the Word of God with us. Blessings ~ Shelly (OBS Leadership Team)
ReplyDelete