Wednesday, January 15, 2014

"Made to Crave"

I just signed up to do an online 6 week study over the book "Made to Crave" with Proverbs 31 Ministry.  I had read part of the book before but never finished it, so when this opportunity came up, I jumped on it. I've been part of WW for years and had ups and downs.  Last January I realized I had to ask God to help me to really do this.  I put away the weight goals and focus and my only goal was to do what I thought God was calling me to do -- track what I eat and leave the results with Him. This book was so much what I was needing but somehow got put on a back burner.  I do want to learn to Crave God more than anything else in my life.  I'm sure in 6 weeks I won't have totally grasp all of this. I know it will be a life time of seeking God, depending on HIM.

Catching up on my life.  My dad is still on Hospice. Four months now, but changes are starting to happen and I don't see how it could be much longer. He's had some really rough days this week. The emotions come once in awhile, usually unexpectedly. The rest of the time I think I'm just busy being strong, but this week has been hard.  They asked me not to come over today as he's having a real hard day. This is a first. Dad is so ready to leave this world and be in the presence of Jesus.  I pray it will be soon!

The lighter parts of life right now are Danyelle turning 5 tomorrow!  Such vivid memories of 5 years ago.  Going to the hospital for the second time, praying they would keep Beth this time and this baby would be born. What a long day that was!  It's been a wonderful 5 years!  She made me her Moga and now of her sisters and cousin. They really all have been a great comfort in some hard times recently!
I love you Elle and pray that you will grow up to know and love God with your whole being. xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment