Feeling Overwhelmed
It's Wed morning and I have been fighting a sore throat that most of my family has had. I don't seem to be getting any other symptoms except maybe tiredness, which is what is probably affecting my outlook.
Knowing I had to take Bryan to work today, I jumped when Bryan went to the kitchen at 3:00am, thinking it was time to take him. I was totally awake then, so after laying there for awhile I decided to go take some garlic and vitamin C and osha. When I came back I was even more wide awake. So I thought maybe doing a crossword puzzle would help. We'll by 5:00 I was just beginning to get tired again. I knew Bryan would want to go at 6:00 so I kept waking myself every few minutes to check the clock. After dropping off Bryan at work, I stopped to swim a few laps, every lane had at least two people in them. So frustrating. I sat in hot tub and sauna for awhile, but as soon as someone left a new person was there to take their place. So I gave up and got dressed to come home.
Dealing with many small frustrations and feeling edgy. I'm so glad God doesn't deal with us in a moody way and that He's faithful and steady. If my relationship with Him depended on me we'd be in a real mess. It's amazing that God loves me despite my moods. But I do understand that it's not because of my loveability or lack of it that He loves Me or not. It's totally because He is God and is perfect. Just hard to comprehend at times.
The scripture I posted before this has really meant alot to me lately, it's one of my favorite psalms. It really fits with how I see that God has been working in my life. verse 6 is encouraging to me -- that what is important to him is not what we can do for him but just that we are open and listening for Him and letting Him work in us. Takes alot of pressure off.
No comments:
Post a Comment