Monday, August 14, 2006

23 Years
Yesterday was our 23 wedding Anniversary. It's was the first time that we didn't do anything to celebrate it. Bryan gave me a card and some flowers earlier, but the weekend was just too busy to have time for us to celebrate. The cool thing is that I can see myself growing. Just a few years ago or even last year I would have been very depressed about it. I I guess I'm finally growing up. :)

Back to the busy weekend. It began Thursday evening really. Thursday we had kept Elena while Jason and Janelle worked on finishing things up for their move. They came over Thursday evening to pick her up and stayed a few hours. Abby and I took turns holding Sara. It's was sooo hard, especially as we were saying goodbye. It was heartbreaking for Abby, which broke my heart. I hate saying good bye to good friends. I know God is providing us with new friends, but it's still so hard.
Bryan and Beth took Abby up to Hummingbird Saturday for AJO. We all got home about noon. Beth had her first offertory at our new church this Sunday, along with 3 others in a string quartet. They have two services, so Bryan and I went with her to the early service. (Abby was at camp and Scott at Starbucks working) It was so nice getting to hear her twice. I would have never guessed last year at this time that I would have the opportunity to hear her play in church or even orchestras anymore. After their second offertory we slipped out and went to lunch then we hurried to drive to Hummingbird to pick up Abby. We stayed to see them rehearse one more time and they performed one piece of music for the parents. They sounded great after only a few days of rehearsals!

No comments:

Post a Comment