Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Psalm 57:7
My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast;
I will sing, yes, I will sing praises!

Psalm 112:7
He will not fear evil tidings;
His heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD.

So many things in my life right now, cause me to struggle with worry.
I am choosing to trust instead and let God deal with the problems.
I want a steadfast heart, God!!

One thing that always changes my outlook is to start listing things I'm thankful for. So especially for this month of Thanksgiving, I want to focus on the numerous blessings God has given me!

I have to start with my husband! God brought him through a near death experience this past year and agonizing pain that at the time looked like their was no end in site! God has restored his health and given him the blessing of 2 camping trips with the family and one trip with his friends. Next year he hopes to be able to carry his pack.

God taught both of us much through that trial! Mostly just strengthened our faith and trust, most of the time moment by moment when I would think I couldn't go on. He spoke to me through His Word, music driving to and from the hospital each morning and night, friends and family on Facebook each evening, our kids, parents and a few friends that would come to visit Bryan, caring Medical Nurses and Aides, but mostly through His Spirit that calmed our hearts when we thought we couldn't go on.

1 comment: