Catching Up
It's been so long since I've written I don't know where to begin. My heart is sooo full of thanksgiving and wonder at how amazing God is! I guess I'll just jump in with the wedding. Daniel and Beth were married July 14th and the wedding went so well. I had been so fearful that there would be major problems, but it ended up being a beautiful day. Not only that but God gave me such peace that it was obviously from HIM! Beth also! I always imagined that she and I would be so stressed at her wedding that we'd end up stressing each other - but we didn't. God was def in it! Since then I've had to adjust to thinking of her as married. It took me several weeks to get over it and to feel like things would be Ok. Besides the adjustments to having a married daughter -- we knew layoffs were coming at work and that was weighing on me also. Bryan was part of it and found out about 3 weeks ago that he was getting laid off. Since then it's been a roller coaster of wondering if he'd find something here or we'd have to move. Last week it was looking like we'd end up in AZ. Again I had to deal with thoughts of thinking God was cruel to take our new church and friends and our daughter and probably son away from us. I dealt with it for a weekend and by Monday -- our Anniversary -- God gave me sudden peace that I could handle moving to AZ and leaving everyone. I was trying to think of positive things all week and adjust mentally. Even Abby was kind of excited to make the move. So it was sure looking like God's will. The manager from Intel @ Chandler was calling Bryan almost daily and seemed so interested in getting him hired quickly. I was braced. Then Friday I heard about a possible job opening here in town and told Bryan about it -- he checked into it and it seemed possible. We started wondering how we'd know which job to take. Bryan had an interview in Chandler today where they would prob make the offer, but we were wanting to hold off to find out about the new opportunity. Well, yesterday while we were out, Bryan got a cell call from the manager in Chandler and said that all hiring at Intel is on hold for several months! This sent chills down my spine. We had been asking God to shut the door if it was not right. Well, He shut it very definately. That same afternoon he talked to the other contact again and they compaired qualifications/ and what the job would need. Bryan fit it so perfectly. It's basically the SAME project he was working on at Sandia 6 1/2 years ago! Bryan didn't even realize he had done that much until they started going over his qualifications. It's just been amazing! God how could I doubt you that you had our best at heart. I really think God wanted us to just be willing to trust HIm and move -- once he got me to that point then he was able to give us the desire of our hearts. The new job is not for sure yet and maybe it will end up being something completely different, but I think I learned AGAIN through this to trust God's heart for our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment