Monday, November 06, 2006

Actually this is a good Monday
God is really answering prayer -- Yesterday Beth and I had another long talk. She chose to come spend the afternoon at home so we could have some time together.
I just praise God for his goodness in not letting our relationship break down as it so easily could have with all the negativity I've believed & dumped on her in the past few weeks. I'm so grateful that she didn't shut me out but kept patiently re-telling me truth. I've been asking God to give me that peace that somehow left a few weeks ago and He's been hearing and answering. I want to have this peace for Beth's sake even more than mine own, so that she can totally enjoy this part of her life. I want to enjoy it with her!

Today is her first day of driving by herself on her new job. She's downtown right now as I type and I've been searching roads for her on Mapquest. I feel like the dispatcher. I'm sure in a few days or weeks she'll have most of the places in her head and won't need the maps anymore.
She's still really loving her job. It's nice that we can talk whenever we need to.


Scott is busy getting ready for the Christmas Season at Starbucks. He's receiving orders today and said he might be there late tonight, since it will be a huge shipment. He's doing well also -- we've had some good talks lately also. And Saturday, my sweet boy, put up a new shelf in my laundry room. I've been needing an extra shelf for probably 15 years! It's just been lately that I've been trying to do more little things to improve and declutter this house. Each little job makes such a huge difference!


Abby has alot going on in her life also. She recently put together a small group, which hasn't met yet, but I think the plans are in place for them to meet on Thursdays or every other Thursday. She really wanted it to be with some older girls that she felt safe talking to and could trust. I was so excite to see her go after it and get people who will be great role models for her. Couldn't believe that the older girls here are so willing to do this. She's also going to begin going to a Bible Study with her youth pastor's wife twice a month, so she's very excited to begin all these new things. I'm praying that these will both be huge growth things for her -- I've already seen lots of changes in her in the past few months and it's so exciting to see her changing and being more bold and seeing her love for the Lord.

Bryan and I have been talking alot also -- He's understanding my worries and fears and helping so much to aleviate them. He took a chance Saturday and pushed to do something that Beth at first wasn't thrilled about, but after the fact, she thanked us for doing it. It was a first step toward making things more comfortable in our new relationship with Daniel. Another new thing in Bryan's life is a newly formed men's group. I think there are about 8 guys involved and they will be mtg every other week as a group with smaller groups in between times. He's very excited about having some close relationships with men.

If I tried to make a list of how many good changes happened in our life this year, I'm not sure I'd even remember all of them but it would a massive list! When I asked God to change things and let me know that He loved me... He has just POURED out His love for us, in such abundance. I want to keep my focus on God and all He's done in our life so that when I'm tempted to be discouraged and listen to lies I will be able to get my focus back on HIM and his goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment